Friday, October 12, 2012

Aaaaa-AAAAt Laaaaaaast!



Granted, we’re over a month late, but man, we are finally married.  Look at us. 
No, really.  Look at us.
I can’t lie.  I’m super happy with how this marriage thing is turning out.  To summarize the first month: at first, I was like “daaaaaaazzzzzee.” 


Then I was like “hoooonnnnneyyymooonnnnn.” 


Thanks Uncle David and Aunt LaPriel!  Peace and quiet in the Tetonia home was amazing.

And then I was like “well, crap.” 


Home sweet home?  (It was messier than this, but I didn't take pictures...)
Over the next week, I began to prove my ability to homemake and fulfill other wifey details in a patriarchal home, thus establishing blackmail between the sexes.  [“ALL THOSE WEEKS AT HOME CLEANING AND ORGANIZING AND YOU WANT ME TO DO THE LOUSY DISHES?!” in which the age old argument is immediately dismissed.  A rather brilliant plan, if I do say so myself.] 

After laborious hours delving into spider infested boxes and surviving the stifling heat of a closed up apartment, our place of residence began to transform into something much more homey and comfortable. 

DI became the staple of our furniture followed by family members galore. 

Oh DI how we love you.


Kylee flare took to the walls and décor. 




Sorry for the yellow tone.  It's night time.  I'll post something prettier when I have everything ready. 




And Nate took over the Spare Room with his own flare for interior design and a manly desire to do homework. 





Overall, I can honestly say that I have had far too much fun as a homemaker and brand new wife.  I love staying up that extra minute just to be sure the dishes are done and the counters are clean.  I love putting things in their place and exercising my creative brain in storage space.  I love planning for the holidays, and designing my own decorations.  I love going to DI and finding those little pieces that really make it a home.  I love every piece of our apartment from the spacey living room and the pure white kitchen to the demon shower and stuffy bedroom. 

Marriage is good. 

I am content. 

Happy life, people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment