Friday, April 6, 2012

The Irony of an English Major's Life

*sigh* I'm sure all you readers out there found the post by my dear fiance in which he informed everyone that he was a published author. *sob* I can't believe he beat me to the punch! I spend all my life (8 years) to get published for my outstanding, literary texts (Harry Potter fanfiction), and the boy writes an essay for a 100 level class, and he gets published on a website!?

I am so proud of him. :) Not only does it give me something to be dramatic about, but it makes my little writer soul giggle from the total irony. Don't worry, World, I will be next. (I also want it to be known that I definitely edited that essay. *cough*)

MOVING ON...

Plus the men in our lives, of course
That Mormony day of Conference came our way last weekend and even though I had a paper to write at some point (due the next day), we still took time out to enjoy friends, family, and the prophets of our time. Which turned into a load of adventures.

We ate amazing food, climbed trees, smeared rust on our hands, and explored an abandoned home with the rustic, cloudy sky adding a tone of suspense and drama to our ramblings. To top it all off, not only did we soak in some "wise words of wisdom," but we all took a little nap through some of it as well. In all, it was a good day to proceed panic laced finals and essays.


Hope your conference weekend was just as unproductive as ours. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment