Friday, November 23, 2012

And the Day After . . .

Yesterday, my dear husband wrote about gratitude and some of the blessings in his life.  Reading through it made me pause as well to think about how much I love that man.  I realize that this may seem like a "last word" post, but I can't help stopping in and adding my own two cents about gratitude during this time of year where we're so focused on what is good and sweet about life.  While I will always find it very cliche and disturbing that we don't ponder on our blessings throughout the entire year, maybe these holidays with their focuses are meant to boost us in the right direction.  

I am a newly married woman living from paycheck to paycheck with no idea how I'm going to make it through the holidays.  And yet, in the past three months, I haven't thought about what little we've had.  In fact, I've been pondering lately on how I can be more grateful for the numerous blessings in our lives.  We have so much, we really can't stop to covet or crave what anyone else should have.  I have a beautiful apartment that we got for cheap as dear Nate informed you; I have the most amazing husband who is more perfect for me than I could ever have imagined; I have talents and passions that make my life interesting; I have a job (despite the early hour) and a steady income; I have multiple families that I can turn to in times of need and fun; I have a Heavenly Father who is perpetually looking out for me.  I am blessed.  We all are.  No matter what situation in life.  No matter if we want to see it or not.  

So why don't we choose to see it more often?  

Enjoy that little teaser of a question and let it change your life.  

Oh, also, I'm grateful for puppies.  You can never have enough puppies.  

Especially chubby little long haired dachshunds that fall asleep in your arms with their little tongue sticking out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment